Some simple tips can help you have fun and stay pain-free at home or the cottage in 2019.
- A proper warm-up: Prior to performing any activity that increases your resting levels (heart rate, muscle activity etc.) a warm-up should be conducted with a variety of activity specific movements and stretches.
- Choosing the right footwear: There are a variety of different types of footwear that should be considered with different outdoor activities (hiking, walking, running, etc.)
- Taking breaks: Many injuries occur from doing too much, too fast. Listen to your body.
- Avoid Strenuous Postures: For example, use a ladder to avoid prolonged overhead movements, sit on a small stool to garden, rather than bending for long periods of time.
- Engage in a general strengthening program: Staying strong has been proven to reduce injury risk.
Any questions? See how physiotherapy can help you!